156-580 Check Point Certified Troubleshooting Administrator (CCTA)
About this Course:
The Check Point Certified Troubleshooting Administrator (CCTA) provides an understanding of the concepts and skills necessary to troubleshoot issues that may occur when managing the Check Point Security Management architecture and Security Gateways.
Course Goals/Skills Gained:
- Provide an understanding of the concepts and skills necessary to troubleshoot issues which may occur when managing the Check Point
Security Management architecture and Security Gateways.
- This course is designed for security administrators and Check Point resellers who need to manage and monitor issues that may occur
within their Security Management environment.
Class Room Training
Language: English or Bulgarian
Course Materials:Digital Format. Lifetime Access. Official Learning Material from Check Point.
Lab: Individual Environment for each Delegate.
- 3 working days (09:00 – 17:00 / 9:00 am – 5:00 pm) UTC +2 (contact us for another Time Zone)
- 24 learning hours after hours (2 weeks, classes are held 2 times a week in one of the following options):
- Sat. and Sun. 10:00 – 14:00 or 14:00 – 18:00 or 18:00 – 22:00
- Mon. and Wed. 19:00 – 23:00
- Tue. or Thu. 19:00 – 23:00
If you are Check Point Partner you can also get free training via the Co-op Program. Check your eligibility and request funds here or For any further questions or additional assistance, please E-Mail: [email protected]
We provide Invoices for Company Sponsored Trainings.
Invoices can be requested up to 7 days after the payment.
If you dont see a date, contact us.
All classes are confirmed individually after enrollment.
- Basic knowledge of networking
- 6 months to 1 year of experience with Check Point products recommended
This Training will Prepare you to take the following Certification Exams (exam price included)
- 156-580: Check Point Certified Troubleshooting Administrator
- You can Certify Online or at our Test Center.
- Understand how to use Check Point resources for support.
Understand how to perform packet captures using tcpdump and FW Monitor command tools.
Understand the basic process of kernel debugging, and how debug commands are structured.
Recognize how to use various Linux commands for troubleshooting system issues.
Recognize communication issues that may occur between SmartConsole and the SMS and how to resolve them.
Understand how to troubleshoot SmartConsole login and authentication issues.
Understand how to prevent and resolve licensing and contract issues.
Understand how to troubleshoot issues that may occur during policy installation.
Understand communication issues that may occur when collecting logs and how to resolve them.
Recall various tools to use when analyzing issues with logs.
Understand how to restore interrupted communications during heavy logging.
Understand how NAT works and how to troubleshoot issues.
Understand Client Side and Server Side NAT.
Understand how the Access Control Policy functions and how the access control applications work together.
Understand how to troubleshoot issues that may occur with Application Control and URL Filtering.
Understand how the HTTPS Inspection process works and how to resolve issues that may occur during the process.
Understand how to troubleshoot Content Awareness issues.
Recognize how to troubleshoot VPN-related issues.
Understand how to monitor cluster status and work with critical devices.
Recognize how to troubleshoot State Synchronization.
Understand how to troubleshoot communication issues between Identity Sources and Security Gateways.
Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues with internal Identity Awareness processes.
An Introduction to Troubleshooting
SmartConsole and Policy Management Troubleshooting
Monitoring Logging Activity
Troubleshooting Issues with NAT
Understanding the Unified Access Control Policy
Basic VPN Troubleshooting
Monitoring ClusterXL Connections
Understanding Identity Awareness
- Monitoring Security Gateway Traffic
- Troubleshooting Issues with SmartConsole
- Troubleshooting Log Connectivity Issues
- Investigating Log Connectivity Issues
- Investigating NAT Issues
- Evaluating HTTP and HTTPS Traffic Issues
- Troubleshooting Site-to-Site VPN Issues
- Troubleshooting General Traffic Issues
- Troubleshooting Clustering Issues
- Troubleshooting Identity Awareness
- Configuring and Testing Identity Collector