156-215.80 – Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) R80.40 – Updated 2021
About this Course
- Three-day course covers everything you need to start-up, configure and manage daily operations of Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades systems on the GAiA operating system.
- Know how to perform periodic administrator tasks
• Describe the basic functions of the Gaia operating system
• Recognize SmartConsole features, functions, and tools .
• Describe the Check Point Firewall infrastructure
• Understand how SmartConsole is used by administrators to grant permissions and user access
• Learn how Check Point security solutions and products work and how they protect networks
• Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products
• Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy
• Understand the Check Point policy layer concept
• Understand how to enable the Application Control and URL Filtering software blades to block access to various applications
• Describe how to configure manual and automatic NAT
• Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize opportunities for performance improvements
• Identify SmartEvent components used to store network activity logs and identify events
• Know how Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities work
• Explain the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages
- Technical professionals who need to deploy and manage Endpoint Security within their security environment.
Language: English or Bulgarian
Course Materials:Digital Format. Lifetime Access. Official Learning Material from Check Point.
Lab: Individual Environment for each Delegate.
- 3 working days (09:00 – 17:00 / 9:00 am – 5:00 pm) UTC +2 (contact us for another Time Zone)
- 24 learning hours after hours (2 weeks, classes are held 2 times a week in one of the following options):
- Sat. and Sun. 10:00 – 14:00 or 14:00 – 18:00 or 18:00 – 22:00
- Mon. and Wed. 19:00 – 23:00
- Tue. or Thu. 19:00 – 23:00
If you are Check Point Partner you can also get free training via the Co-op Program. Check your eligibility and request funds here or For any further questions or additional assistance, please E-Mail: [email protected]
We provide Invoices for Company Sponsored Trainings.
Invoices can be requested up to 7 days after the payment.
If you dont see a date, contact us.
All classes are confirmed individually after enrollment.
- Basic knowledge of networking
- 6 months to 1 year of experience with Check Point products recommended
This Training will Prepare you to take the following Certification Exams (exam price included)
- Check Point Certified Securit yAdmin (CCSA) R80.x
- You can Certify Online or at our Test Center.
• Identify key components and configurations
• Create and confirm administrator users for the domain
• Validate existing licenses for products installed on your network
• Create and modify Check Point Rule Base objects
• Demonstrate how to share a layer between Security Policies
• Analyze network traffic and use traffic visibility tools
• Monitor Management Server States using SmartConsole
• Demonstrate how to run specific SmartEvent reports
• Configure a SmartEvent server to monitor relevant patterns
• Configure and deploy a site-to-site VPN
• Configure and test ClusterXL with a High Availability configuration
• Understand how to use CPView to gather gateway information
• Perform periodic tasks as specified in administrator job descriptions
• Test VPN connection and analyze the tunnel traffic
• Demonstrate how to create custom reports
• Demonstrate how to configure event Alerts in SmartEvent
• Utilize various traffic visibility tools to maintain Check Point logs
Module 1. Introduction to Endpoint Security
Module 2. Introduction to Check Point Deployment
Module 3. Check Point Security Management Operations
Module 4. Check Point Licensing
Module 5. Security Policy Management
Module 6. Policy Layers
Module 7. Managing User Access
Module 8. Network Address Translation
Module 9. Traffic Visibility
Module 10. Monitoring System States
Module 11. Using SmartEvent
Module 12. Basic Concept of VPN
Module 13. Working with ClusterXL
Module 14. Administrator Compliance Tasks