IT Service Delivery Analyst L1
Service Delivery Analyst
|Role Title||IT Service Delivery Analyst L1|
|Purpose of Function||To provide a focal point for all IT issues reported to the IT Helpdesk, acting as a friendly and helpful interface between the IT teams and users.
|Purpose of Role||Reporting directly to the Group Service Delivery Manager, The Support Analyst will provide 1st line support to all users within the Group, dealing with issues related to the hardware and software used within the company. This will include answering and logging incoming support calls, diagnosing and resolving where possible or escalating to 2nd/3rd line support groups as required.
|Duties & Responsibilities||· Ability to investigate and provide solutions for issues raised either from calls to the service desk or from other sources.
· Ability to produce / log clear descriptions of issues reported by users whilst initiating the fastest path to ensure timely and efficient resolution.
· Ability to assess probability of 1st line resolution and escalation path as required.
· Ability to provide instruction / training to customers using phone, remote desk and email.
· A willingness to take ownership of customer issues and maintain the highest standard of customer service whilst dealing with those issues.
· Occasionally provide support for systems outside of the normal site hours
· Any other duties as directed by the Group Service Delivery Manager
Skills and Experience
|· Monitor and manage own Service Desk queue
· To work safely at all times taking into account own and others safety
· Proactive approach to duties, identifying areas for improvement whilst being central to the development and maintenance of a positive image for the IT department
· Excellent knowledge of PC, Software and General IT terminology
· Excellent knowledge of current PC hardware technologies and able to build PC’s to specification
· Practical ‘hands-on’ skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
· A genuine personal interest in the field of IT
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Operating System’s
· Previous experience of working in an IT environment
· Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take ownership of customer issues recognising where to escalate if required