Microsoft 365 Certified
Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
Gain the skills needed to meet the business needs of a modern organization. The Modern Desktop Administrator has expertise to deploy, configure, secure, manage, and monitor devices and client applications in an enterprise environment.
If you’ve passed Exam 698: Configuring Windows 10, you only need to take MD-101 to earn this new certification.
Step 1: Review the skills and knowledge required to certify.
Step 2: Train for certification exams.*
- Find classroom and online training
- Explore more training on Microsoft Learn
Step 3: Take a practice exam.
- Microsoft Official Practice Tests are coming soon
Step 4: Schedule your exams and get certified.
*Classroom and online training options will be added when available.
Skills and knowledge
Candidates who earn a Modern Desktop Administrator certification are verified by Microsoft to have the following skills and knowledge.
Deploy Windows 10
- configure language packs
- perform a clean installation
- migrate user data
- perform an in-place upgrade (using tools such as MDT, WDS, ADK, etc.)
- select the appropriate Windows edition
- troubleshoot activation issues
Perform post-installation configuration
- configure Edge and Internet Explorer
- configure mobility settings
- configure sign-in options
- customize the Windows desktop